Home Site Map

Employment Pass

This is a type of work permit that enables a foreign knowledge worker to take up employment under a contract of service with an organization in Malaysia. Duration varies from a minimum of 12 months to the maximum of 60 months depending on the nature of employment and need of such employment by the hiring organization. The Immigration Department of Malaysia will issue the Employment Pass upon approval of employment positions by Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) in MSC Malaysia.

A foreign knowledge worker issued with the Employment Pass shall not without the consent of Immigration Department of Malaysia engage in any form of paid employment or in any business or professional occupation in Malaysia other than such particular employment as specified in the Employment Pass.

A Dependant Pass may be issued to any person being the spouse or dependent child to accompany the foreign knowledge worker while in Malaysia. The child may be issued a Permission to Study to enable him or her to take up schooling in Malaysia.